Argument out of range error in version 5.5.10

Started by GDW13

Argument out of range error in version 5.5.10   12 May 2014, 11:23

After using netscan for years with no problems, I just downloaded the latest version (5.5.10) after being prompted to do so upon program startup. Upon starting the new version of netscan I immediately receive an "Argument out of range error" (see attached pic). Upon clicking OK on this dialog, the netscan interface shows up but displays another error (multiple errors are shown in the attached pic). I repeatedly get similar errors upon trying to use various features and I am unable to shut down the program unless I do so through task manager. I re-downloaded the software just to make sure that there wasn't an issue with the transfer and received the same results. I also made sure that I chose the correct version (i.e. 64 bit) and you can see that this is the case in the task manager screenshot in the attached pic.

Note: I'm getting these errors on a Windows 8.1 Update 1 64-bit machine. I tested the new version on another 32-bit XP machine and it works fine. I restored the older version (5.5.8) to my Windows 8 machine and it also works fine.
Attachments:
open | download – Netscan errors.png (97.6 KB)
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Debug   12 May 2014, 12:28

Apparently it's a newly introduced bug, but it does not seem to occur in a test environment. Please download this build that comes with debug information. When it crashes, it should automatically send a bug report to us and we'll fix it right away.

UPDATE: the issue should be fixed in this build.
Bill Kelso

Re: Errors with latest version (5.5.10)   13 May 2014, 19:21

Additional information to the bug-report i have sent in with the debug-version:

I have an old version of netscan (5.4.12). When i tried to read in a config.xml i saved with a working 5.5.10 it gave me an error "Unable to read config: 10.197.xx.xx is not an integer value". This value is part of an ip-range.
When i start 5.5.10, after the error-message, also closing is not possible, it can only be done by taskmanger. On other machines it's running without error and in one case, i got the error fixed, but can't remeber what i have done.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Fixed   13 May 2014, 20:32

Please download the fixed build.
Bill kelso

Re: Errors with latest version (5.5.10)   13 May 2014, 22:48

No error so far with the new build. If any oocurs i will report.

Thanks Andrew.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.