BSOD F4 Mount on Boot

Started by beng2beng

beng2beng

BSOD F4 Mount on Boot   30 May 2014, 15:34

Initially I thought my initial cause of BSOD (by moving and mounting an image to another drive) while the system was running was the cause for the F4 stopcode from BSOD on boot. But after browsing a few posts I'm not the only one. What a relief. I am currently using mount on logon and have not had any problems.

Just out of curiosity; how many of you out there with this issue have an SSD boot drive? I wonder if its the faster boots causing the problem?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: BSOD F4 Mount on Boot   02 June 2014, 11:40

It should not be caused by the boot speed of an SSD. I guess you can either stick to a logon-time RAM disk or, if you are willing to experiment a bit, we would need a kernel memory dump when it crashes.

If possible, could you please do the following?
  1. Enable the kernel memory dump (a minidump is not sufficient) as explained here.
  2. Restart the system.
  3. Once a crash occurs, please send me the MEMORY.DMP file. Compress it and upload to a file sharing service and post a link here.
removable

Re: BSOD F4 Mount on Boot   04 June 2014, 03:41

Hi,
I just dropped in to say that mount as removable solved the problem for me. And yes, I do have an SSD. Mount on Logon was not an option as I have some batch files which auto start on boot and copy stuff onto the Ramdisk.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.