Volatility persistence

Started by mark

mark

Volatility persistence   30 July 2014, 00:37

Windows 8.1 does not allow me to change the fast startup option. As a result the ramdisk information persists. SoftPerfect promised an upgrade to cure this but I don't see any reference to an updated Ram disk.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Volatility persistence   30 July 2014, 22:54

Not sure what you mean by saying it doesn't allow you to change it. Open an admin command prompt and type:
powercfg /h off
Mark

Re: Volatility persistence   31 July 2014, 02:26

Dear Andrew,

While I have some practice using Terminal on a Mac, I have none on a Windows machine. This machine, which was configured for me by a technician at my school and he did not give me administrative powers in Terminal but I will write and ask him if I can have them. I assume that the command has to be carried out in Terminal and that Soft Perfect has not changed the fast start-up problem. When I go to fast start-up in Windows I am blocked there too.

Mark
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Volatility persistence   31 July 2014, 11:25

Hi Mark,in this case I'd probably recommend to speak to the technician who could execute this command and disable hibernation and fast boot. Hope this helps.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.