Feature request: include device name in the e-mail alert

Started by hostofseraphim

Feature request: include device name in the e-mail alert   21 August 2014, 18:37

Hi,

Thanks for this great software smile

When we receive an e-mail alert, we have IP address, MAC address, date and time.
I think device name would be also useful to have: sometimes, we can identify device immediately just with its name ("macbook-of-johndoe", "companyname-pc005", ...).
If the unknown device disconnects before I'm back on my computer, I'll never know what this device was, who owns this device, except new connection later with the same MAC address - "File/All devices" menu doesn't show device name. With the device name in the e-mail or in "File/All devices" menu, if this device is not allowed, I can blacklist this MAC address even 2 days after connection, just by checking my mailbox.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Feature request: include device name in the e-mail alert   22 August 2014, 13:23

That's a good idea. Thank you. We have added device names in outgoing e-mails. This functionality is available in the latest builds.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.