How to stop employees from misusing the Internet at work

Started by mesemz

Hello experts, I am really in need of your help, I'm from Dhaka, Bangladesh. I have a call center here, I have around 30 agents in my call center, I have configured my network with a Cisco RV042 Router and Cisco SG300-52 Switch, My bandwidth is 8MB, I'm using DHCP and now I want to limit the bandwidth of each agents because some of the agents downloads something during their official time, for this other agents gets low bandwidth and can't make calls perfectly. So is there any way to limit the bandwidth of each agents. Thank you
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Stop employees from misusing the Internet during working time   01 January 2014, 14:50

It depends on your current network infrastructure.

You'd probably need a separate PC with two network cards plugged between the router and the switch as shown below.

In that case, BM would be able to filter Internet traffic and apply bandwidth restrictions

SoftPerfect support forum
Leandro Fonseca

Re: How to stop employees from misusing the Internet at work   23 September 2014, 05:05

Hello there,

is it possible to use it with a laptop, so the two network cards plugged would be the wired and the wired?

Thanks in advance!
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: How to stop employees from misusing the Internet at work   23 September 2014, 10:37

Any computer with two NICs is okay (both have to be wired Ethernet NICs).

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.