Statistics report all interfaces even though explicitly disabled

Started by Zehawk

Hi,

I connect using a home wifi router and a USB 3G dongle. I only want network to collect statistics for the home wifi router, so under settings > main > monitored interfaces > networks, I've selected:

"Only networks selected below", and the MAC address of the home wifi router.

However networx insists on collecting the USG 3G dongle data as well and aggregating it with the home wifi router data completely defeating the purpose of using this SW.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Statistics report all interfaces even though explicitly disabled   05 May 2013, 23:37

The Networks button lets you exclude certain networks from monitoring. It detects all networks that you connect to and identifies them based on the MAC address of the default gateway. You can either monitor all networks that you are roaming in, or specify networks to monitor.

It's not the same as which adapter to monitor. As you have your 3G dongle connected at the same time as the WiFi router, it counts as being connected to the network of your choice. If you want to monitor the WiFi router alone, choose your WiFi adapter in the drop-down list of network connections.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.