No total (up + down) line available w/ polyline graph?

Started by overworxed

No total (up + down) line available w/ polyline graph?   01 July 2013, 07:41

NW doesn't seem to show an u/l, d/l AND total traffic line when type graph is polyline. Trying to switch to histogram to see if it would show all 3 brought on the problem of it not logging proxy traffic: http://www.softperfect.com/board/read.php?8,15039

Under "Graph Colors" there's a color for "All Data," but a graph for all data never appears. Not one of the "hidden settings." Seem like it'd be pretty easy to add the up + down rates & display a 3rd line (optional) - especially since the setting for that line's color is already included in NW GUI settings.

Maybe I'm missing something.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

No total (up + down) line available w/ polyline graph?   03 July 2013, 05:56

The third colour ("Data both"wink is only used for the histogram mode. It's not used for the polyline mode.

No total (up + down) line available w/ polyline graph?   03 July 2013, 07:29

Thanks. I understand that.

I'm saying / asking / suggesting that the "Total" line (u/l + d/l) be added, on polyline view.
Perhaps optional, for users that don't want it. I'm not sure why one would want to see total data on histogram graph, but not on line graph.

Many polyline (line) & other types of graphs, in all sorts of applications, show the "total" graph - when applicable. Showing a total line in the NW polyline graph seems quite applicable. Just a suggestion.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.