Monitor both local machine and router

Started by Marc

Marc

Monitor both local machine and router   22 January 2014, 08:33

In the main settings, I see that I can monitor the router traffic rather than the local machine, but I would like to enable both, as I need the totals for both all my machines, and the total usage. Since I have some android devices also use data on the network, simply adding the local totals won't work.

Does anybody have an insight on this? Thank you in advance
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Monitor both local machine and router   22 January 2014, 10:15

You can use an additional portable instance of NetWorx to monitor the router.

That is have the installed NetWorx instance monitor your traffic, while a portable copy (placed in a separate folder) can be setup to monitor the router.
Ben

Re: Monitor both local machine and router   22 July 2014, 08:43

I liked the idea of this, but I'm having a problem to get this working. Like the OP, I have non-Windows devices on the network, so want the totals from the router, but also would like the App breakdown on my local main machine. (great for detecting PUPs etc!)

Putting the portable install into a new directory (and giving it a different icon) allows it to be configured and run, but then subsequently trying to start the installed version just transfers me to the graph of the portable version. I tried renaming the executable and icon, but it's no better.

Any ideas please gents?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Monitor both local machine and router   22 July 2014, 17:45

The portable version should be started after the installed version (otherwise the installed version checks for an already running instance and activates it).

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.