networx.exe - Entry Point Not Found

Started by flatlinebb

flatlinebb

networx.exe - Entry Point Not Found   18 April 2014, 04:09

I'm running networx 5.3 on a Win 7 Pro computer. I keep getting the following error every time my computer boots up and tries to start networx:

---------------------------
networx: networx.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point DHparams_dup could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll.
OK

This started after this latest networx update - I had no such issues with version 5.2. I tried removing networx, rebooting and reinstalling from a fresh download, but the error comes back during install, and then on every reboot, when networx tries to launch. Once I click OK, it actually launches and seems to work OK. I do not have this issue on any other networx install, just this one computer. I've already ran a chkdsk and a malware scan and found nothing unusual.

Thanks in advance.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: networx.exe - Entry Point Not Found   18 April 2014, 10:37

It appears you have got a broken or outdated version of OpenSSL installed on your system.

Please either update it to the latest version, or use remove it completely so NetWorx won't attempt to use it.

Re: networx.exe - Entry Point Not Found   18 April 2014, 21:57

Hi Andrew,

I found a download page for OPENSSL at:

http://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html

and wonder if this is what you're talking about.

Should Windows users install v 1.0.1g

the Light version (1MB) file, either 32 bit or 64 bit depending on their OS, or both if they have a 64bit OS?

or

the Full version (16MB) file, either 32 bit or 64 bit depending on their OS, or both if they have a 64bit OS?

I found libeay32.dll on my system in some application folders, nothing for libeay64.dll though.

powerdesk v 1.0.0c 2011-12-09 1,341KB
DWA-160 v 0.9.8g 2010-05-28 1,084KB
LibreOffice v 1.0.1e 2014-01-28 1,150KB

It seems that the applications themselves should be updated which would then include the latest v 1.0.1g in their own folders.

Or, if we install the download(s) and then delete the libeay32.dll from the app folders, will that be OK or likely to cause a problem with the apps?

Is this something we need to do related to the Heartbleed vulnerability?

J
Attachments:
open | download – LIBEAY32.dll.png (14 KB)
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: networx.exe - Entry Point Not Found   18 April 2014, 23:12

The light version is sufficient, no need to install the full OpenSSL set, 32-bit or 64-bit depending on the OS version.

Some applications come with their own copy of OpenSSL, but NetWorx does not for these two reasons:

• Smaller download size. OpenSSL is not required for the main functionality.
  • Legal/licensing issues with the inclusion of a cryptographic package.

It's probably a bad idea to remove OpenSSL files from application folders as they were likely designed to work with a specific version of the library and a newer version may break them. It doesn't have anything to do with the heartbleed vulnerability, NetWorx merely needs a recent OpenSSL package to send e-mails via secure SMTP.

Re: networx.exe - Entry Point Not Found   18 April 2014, 23:22

OK, thanks, I won't worry then because I don't use the Networx e-mail notifications.

It's been interesting, I went to the D-Link site to check and although they have a FAC title set up, it doesn't link to display the information. I also went to the LibreOffice site and tried to search for OpenSSL and Heartblled and got a server 500 error. I'm not worried about the Powerdesk since I don't use it and should probably uninstall it thinking.

J
flatlinebb

Re: networx.exe - Entry Point Not Found   19 April 2014, 01:35

That was it! I updated OpenSSL with the Light package and the errors went away. Thanks for the quick response.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.