TDiskDB: Insertion failed because database is full: database or disk is full

Started by Festeron

I have a persistent notification that I don't know how to fix.

Unexpected exception occurred
TDiskDB: Insertion failed because database is full: database or disk is full

It clears itself [thankfully] but pops back up again immediately. I don't know where the database files are located, but none of the disks are full. Is there a method to make the database bigger, or configure less logging, or both?

Networx 5.3.0 64-bit
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: TDiskDB: Insertion failed because database is full: database or disk is full   21 May 2014, 09:08

Normally this error doesn't pop up unless the disk is really full or something nasty happened. Check either of these locations

c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SoftPerfect\NetWorx

or

C:\ProgramData\SoftPerfect\NetWorx.
Festeron

Re: TDiskDB full notification   22 May 2014, 06:24

I'm running Windows Server 2008 R2 on my desktop, so that first folder isn't found.

I did find C:\ProgramData\SoftPerfect\NetWorx though, and there are three files in it including NetWorx.db. It's only 750KB, and the disk has ~5GB free.

I turned off the notifications [until I found a cause] but now that I've turned them back on they are not appearing. It seems to have solved itself.

Thanks anyway
Anon

Re: TDiskDB full notification   22 May 2014, 07:49

Running on WinXP SP1 x64 and Networx 5.3.0.
In C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SoftPerfect\NetWorx there are 3 files:
21.05.2014 21:24 5388288 bytes NetWorx.db
25.04.2014 06:21 32768 bytes NetWorx.db-shm
21.05.2014 21:25 1065848 bytes NetWorx.db-wal
I had a little bit less than 1GB free, then I make the free space 2-3GB and the message continues to appear. It appears for some seconds, disappears and the story begins again. This situation continues more than a day.

Re: TDiskDB full notification   22 May 2014, 10:30

It might also be a database corruption issue.

Download SQLiteSpy tool and execute the following query (select Execute - Execute SQL in the main menu):
pragma integrity_check;

If the result is anything other than OK then the database is likely to be corrupted.
I have run the integrity check, while the program was running and it gives "ok". But the message continues to appear.
Finally I have stopped the software, installed the last version 5.3.1 and when I start the software the message did not appear.
The only thing that I have noticed is, when I try to export or backup, the program pushes one of the CPU cores to 100% for 5 minutes or more, and after that the dialog box with the "save as" appears. The data is for some years and the NetWorx.db is nearly 5-6MB. Can this cause some problems? Should I do something, like reset or something else (maybe export the databse, reset the counters and then reimport the database, so that some errors are removed)?

Re: TDiskDB: Insertion failed because database is full: database or disk is full   28 May 2014, 12:07

It's clearly not because of the database size, I am not sure what it might be though.

Try to VACUUM the database using the same SQLiteSpy tool (Execute - Vacuum database).

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.