Usage data figures are too high

Started by frank

frank

Usage data figures are too high   18 June 2014, 00:11

Hi Guys,
I downloaded NetWorx after seeing multiple recommendations. Reason being I wanted to see if a 4G mobile package would suit my usage. In the 10 minutes that I have the app running I seem to have received 5 GB and sent 11 GB. I can only imagine that this is incorrect by a factor of about 100. I have 10 browsers open, outlook and skype too, but it can't be correct. Can anyone tell me how to drill down to see what is hogging the bandwidth please?
Many thanks.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: data traffic readings are too high   18 June 2014, 00:47

You don't really use that much data, it's an issue with the configuration of NetWorx. You just need to go the NetWorx settings and choose one specific network interface to monitor.

If NetWorx is monitoring all traffic on all network interfaces, possibly adding local traffic or multiple adapters including virtual and dial-up ones and sums it all up, it results in incorrect readings.
frank

Re: traffic usage reported too high   18 June 2014, 19:34

Hi Andrew,
That did the trick. I found the network card, and now I am reading traffic only for that card.
Thanks for your assistance, figures are now more like 11 MB per hour, meaning I now have a decent idea of my choice re 4G mobile.
Jim L.

Re: Usage data figures are too high   31 May 2015, 08:07

I'm a newbee to Networx but have already recommended it to others that have metered usage. I currently don't but wonder if I can live with limits of 12 to 18 GB. The usage report indicates much higher usage. We have one Ethernet connection to DSL with wired connections for two PC and wireless connections for DVR (no movies downloaded), thermostat, IPad, two Iphones, etc. The usage report indicates upwards of 30 GB monthly. The interface in the settings is set to All Connections. Should it be set to the Ethernet connection only? That's the gateway.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Usage data figures are too high   31 May 2015, 18:24

It's better to choose a specific network interface to monitor. Even then, the readings may include local traffic. Please see the help page for the General settings.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.