Ignore local traffic within the LAN setting: what is local traffic and what is not?

Started by John_Getzke

Hello,

I'm curious to learn more about the Ignore Local Traffic within the LAN feature. How does Networx define what is local traffic or not?

I can see that Networx is logging the activity for certain well known apps such as IExplorer and Outlook. However it would seem that other applications that are entirely LAN activity such as RealVNC are also being captured (in my scenario its one LAN pc connecting to another LAN PC). I wonder if Networx has a range as to what it considers local IP traffic or not. If so then it would be neat if there were a way to configure it so that I could add or remove other applications to the include/exclude list.

Re: Ignore Local Traffic within the LAN   25 July 2014, 02:02

I believe I may have stumbled upon my own answer here, in the manual.

Looks like Networx is defining "local traffic" as the traditional private IP address ranges like you would normally have on a home router.
Where can I go to customize these values so that the traffic I want to monitor while LAN connected is captured or ignored?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Ignore Local Traffic within the LAN settings   25 July 2014, 10:45

Yes, your understanding is correct. Ignoring LAN traffic works by disregarding communications with both source and destination addresses in the LAN, defined as several ranges of private IP addresses.

These can be changed right there, just click the Setup button while the Ignore LAN traffic option is ticked smile

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.