Nothing happens when right-clicking Networx portable tray icon

Started by unc0nnected

I am load balancing 2 different network connections right now, 1 is a run of the mill wifi connection and then the other is a USB tether to my galaxy S2. The load balancing is done with windows, no fancy software or anything. Anyways when both connections are active right clicking on the system tray icon for networx does nothing. When I unplug the USB connection all of my right clicks take effect and happen one after another like it was queued up.

I can mouse over the tray icon and see the xfer rates and those rates update without a problem but right clicking does nothing. I can double click fine which brings up the usage report and I have single click set to my usage graph, both of which work fine.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Nothing happens when right-clicking Networx portable tray icon   27 July 2014, 11:34

Do you use some Samsung software for tethering with this Galaxy S2? Otherwise I don't see how a USB connection can affect the NetWorx's popup menu.
I can confirm I noticed this problem too, While 2 networks enabled (Ethenet+Usb Tether) NetWorx becomes laggy, and CPU usage increasing.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Nothing happens when right-clicking Networx portable tray icon   02 August 2014, 18:55

Apparently that happens because the USB driver takes a considerable amount of CPU time to return the number of bytes sent and received. We are not sure why this happens, but you can work around this by ticking the Ignore LAN traffic option as in this case a different data collection method is used.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.