Missing data usage figures

Started by Mike Uys

Mike Uys

Missing data usage figures   29 July 2014, 19:07

I have just installed networx on a computer with unusually high data usage. I can't find out what is using the data at this fast rate. But for some reason Networx does not show all the data usage, when I compare the Networx usage to the ISP usage. Why would Networx not reflect data usage that the ISP reflects?

Re: Missing data usage figures   29 July 2014, 21:16

Maybe you're not monitoring the correct connection.

You should really provide more information when you post your question(s).
Mike Uys

Re: Missing data usage figures   29 July 2014, 22:53

Sorry about the lack of information. I am helping out a client of mine. She has a laptop with a 3G connection.
I have turned off Windows Update and Avast, but the computer will use up +- 500MB of data in an hour when she is doing nothing.
In order to see which program is using all her data, I checked the “Ignore local traffic within the lan”. On doing some research I see that certain IP addresses are ignored when you choose this option. I am not sure if these addresses are the same in South Africa, or if this could be the problem. Should I delete these addresses?
Thanks for your help.

Re: Missing data usage figures   30 July 2014, 00:44

What's the connection that you're monitoring?
What's the difference in data?

The ranges of IP addresses are for 'local' traffic that's to be excluded in Networx totals.
If by chance the list covers an address used to connect to her ISP then you'd expect a difference.

You can check the IP addresses used by running the command "ipconfig /all" without the quotes.

Also, what "Nertwork" is she monitoring? Click on the "Networks" button to see if there are multiple networks and if she is monitoring just one or all.
For example there could be two networks, one used at home (office) and another used elsewhere. If only one is being monitored then that may be the problem.

Anyway, you can see again that more information is needed...

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.