Networx deskband hangs with facial recognition software autolock

Started by Dan Artman

This is an interesting glitch I discovered in the Networx Deskband. I have Facial Recognition software installed on my PC that autolocks my PC if there is no one in front of it for 3 minutes (among a multitude of other software), and after I unlock it (after my PC has been on for about 12-18 hours), Windows Explorer will just hang (the PC is still functional, but if you try to click on anything on the taskbar (which is already frozen), the whole computer will freeze.

I've ended the Networx process with the computer in this state, and, magically, the taskbar becomes unfrozen within seconds. It could be because at any given time, I have between 200-220 processes running on my PC, however, I do have the system resources to handle that. If the development team could look into this glitch, it would be greatly appreciated.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Networx deskband hangs with facial recognition software autolock   11 August 2014, 16:56

What facial recognition software is that? If it's free and easy to install, I could test NetWorx with it, however it's also very likely the culprit is some other software package.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.