Application usage report time period

Started by charles

charles

Application usage report time period   02 September 2014, 05:18

Hi

I just noticed the feature for application bandwidth usage but I can't figure out for which period of time it's showing, or how to select a time period: daily, hourly, etc. I searched the online manual but didn't find info on it. I'd like to know what time period is being displayed under Applications and if it's customizable.

Thanks.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: application usage report time period   02 September 2014, 12:03

The numbers displayed under the Applications tab represent applications activity since this feature was turned on. Currently this period cannot be customised and it shows all activity ever recorded. It can be reset though without affecting any other usage figures.
Peter

Re: Application usage report time period   06 October 2014, 19:55

Now to be able to see WHICH application was using all the bandwidth over a time period would be an excellent program enhancement.
At the moment you may see that something used a huge amount during some hour/day period - but have no way of finding out what it was.
I've certainly had periods where several 100's megabytes was used but by exactly what I've no idea - though I suspect the anti-virus doing some sort of database complete revision.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Application usage report time period   08 October 2014, 12:32

Yes, it would be a good addition. When we first added application tracking, we didn't expected this feature to become so popular.
At the moment, the Applications view shows any activity ever recorded, though we'll extend it to record details per hour per day later on.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.