- Added domain matching where a domain has multiple aliases.
- Fixed issues with Cisco AnyConnect and certain USB modems.
- Updated the DPI engine for more reliable detection.
- Added several new protocols in DPI and improved protocol detection.
- Added secure SMTP support to enable sending mail via SSL-enabled mail servers.
- Fixed retaining selection and expansion between refreshes in GUI.
- Fixed endless occurrences of 'connection reset by peer' error message in GUI.
- Changed the number of internal buffers from 16 to 64 for better performance.
- Changed service startup type to delayed (fixes bridge recreation after a restart).
- Added sorting of group entries and search within group entries.
- Fixed collapsing the tree upon refreshing the main view.
- Fixed an issue with domain names filtering that led to a crash.
- Fixed a few user interface issues in the management console.
- Fixed not matching domain names in groups larger than 5 items.
- Fixed not recording backward traffic via rules with an active port mapping.
- Updated DNS parser now relies on Windows API for DNS decoding.
- Updated the DPI module for heuristic detection of P2P and other protocols.
- Fixed an issue with port mappings and redirects on systems with a dual IPv4/IPv6 stack.
- Fixed erroneously displayed stream names in the global usage report in the management console.
- Fixed refreshing settings shown in the management console after importing a DB file.
- Fixed rules that applied on "not localhost and "not group" in inverted rules.
- Fixed computations of hourly quotas that erroneously covered a day instead of an hour.
- Added group cache to improve performance with large groups of IP addresses.
- Added a column that shows when a rule/stream was last active and handled any traffic.
- Added automatic firewall rule addition/removal for the bandwidth management service.
- Added resetting stream usage in main view's popup menu when a stream is selected.
- Added importing group entries from a local file and geo-location databases.
- Updated sorting of streams by IP/MAC address (numeric order and open nodes don't collapse).
- Updated the network drivers and underlying DB engine for better compatibility and performance.
- Fixed triggering P2P and IP header rule conditions where non-IP traffic was received.
- Fixed parsing certain types of DNS packets and added logging of bad DNS packets.
- Fixed argument out of range and incorrect totals when expanding the global usage report multiple times.
- Added enabling/disabling rules before and after a specific date for advanced scheduling.
- Added sorting of quotas, schedules, mappings, notifications and groups.
- Fixed entering a space in the search dialog in the management console.
- Fixed crashing when the core failed to transmit a frame.
- Fixed decoding uncompressed DNS labels that led to a random crash.
- Fixed a license checking issue that led to a crash when running for a long time.
- Fixed Duplicated not allowed error when a DB maintenance was run.
- Added domain names as a target in rules and groups (useful for blocking web-sites).
- Added tunneling protocols support in the DPI module for detecting VPN and TOR.
- Fixed creating streams in any-to-any rules that erroneously included host's own addresses in streams.
- Fixed a deadlock with bridging that sometimes caused the software to hang.
- Completely redesigned product with performance, stability and maintainability in mind.
- Full IPv6 support and a native 64-bit version for newer systems.
- Support of streams in rules (no need to create a rule for every IP/MAC address).
- Improved performance to up to about 50 MB/s and lower CPU usage.
- New Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) filter to block or prioritise certain services, including P2P.
- Compatibility with the new systems such as Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8.
- Maximum queue size now can be configured on a per-rule basis.
- Added a column showing used quota percentage.
- Added missing check in the GUI. A quota defined with smooth decrease and dual volume limit, yet with single numeric initial and reduced transfer rates might have led to a crash.
- New feature to penalize users for too many open connections in addition to penalties for long and/or large downloads.
- Added dual transfer rate limit support. It is now possisble to specify different upstream/downstream rates in a single rule. Quotas also support dual limits.
- Added basic e-mail notifications to alert users of their bandwidth consumption.
- Easier integration of web-stats. Rule name and password can now be passed as CGI parameters (this is also used in notifications).
- Setup installs more compatible NDIS IM driver on Windows XP x86 and Windows 2003 x86 rather than NDIS hooking driver.
- Added suspended rules support to enable multi-level quotas. It is now also possible to implement 'you are blocked' web-page for clients who have used up their quotas.
- Batch rule creator now can make multiple rules based on a list of MAC addresses.
- Added option to enable/disable rules on a specific date.
- Added automatic rule view refresh option.
- Added total bandwidth display in the live report in status bar.
- Added option to keep stats for the current month only.
- Added kernel-level LAN traffic filter to enable fast local transfers with little CPU usage.
- Added IPv6, ARP, PPPoE and ICMP echo protocols support
- From May 01, 2009 unlimited free upgrades will no longer be offered. A license will entitle the customer to recieve free upgrades within one year from the date of purchase. All customers purchased a license before the 1st of May still receive all upgrades free of charge.
- Added indefinite and hourly quotas.
- Introduced combined transfer rate limits.
- Added short packet flood penalty.
- Added heavy uploads/downloads penalty.
- Added user web-access to usage reports.
- Redirection and port mapping now works with bridging (subject to proper IP settings on the bridge).
- Improved Windows Vista/Server 2008 compatibility.
- Numerous fixes and enhancements.
- Fixed a problem with quota calculations.
- Introduced data compression in communication protocol.
- Added peer-to-peer (P2P) traffic detection.
- Improved live bandwidth monitor.
- Enhanced 'Reset Rules' command.
- Added inverted rules support.
- Added 'Total' column to the main display.
- Added smooth quotas (quotas with gradual throughput decrease).
- Added live bandwidth monitor.
- Improved address groups.
- Improved rule statistics.
- Added custom weekly and monthly periods.
- Added port mapping and redirection.
- Added support for any IP-family protocols.
- Number of supported network adapters increased to 256.
- Improved quotas.
- Added rule Drag & Drop support.
- Added transparent Ethernet bridging.
- Added groups of IP/MAC addresses.
- Added received/sent columns to the main display.
- Added new protocols AH/ESP, GRE, ICMP.
- Improved bandwidth usage report.
- Added timetables for bandwidth scheduling.
- Added blocking rules.
- Internal improvements.
- Added rules based on MAC addresses.
- Minor optimizations.
- Added 'Enable/Disable All Rules' command.
- Added advanced logging with event viewer.
- Added quota manager.
- Added daily usage statistics.
- Internal queue size made customizable.
- Added option for non-delayed TCP ACK frames processing.
- Multiple rules creation within a single action.
- 'Remove all rules' command added.
- Fixed timing problem under Windows 2003 Server.