Setting charging options for 250 printers

Started by Joeke van der Velde

Joeke van der Velde

Setting charging options for 250 printers   11 October 2011, 18:48

Hi,

I'm trying to evaluate Print Inspector on our network with 250 printers in total.
Now importing all printers in PI works great, but the charging costs must be done per printer.

Is there some way to do this in a batch proces? Because all printers have the same costs (B/W 0,01 and C 0,10)
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Setting charging options for 250 printers   12 October 2011, 17:07

Thank you for pointing this out. It sounds like a good idea to make it possible to apply charging costs to multiple printers at once, so we've just implemented it.

Simply download this build and install over your current installation. Then you'll be able to set the costs on all printers in one click.
Randy

Setting charging options for 250 printers   23 March 2012, 17:10

Now the charges are for all printers, if I change the charge for a single printer, it changes all printers. I cannot set charging on a per printer basis. The problem is with the known problem in PI where some B&W printers jobs are always reported as color jobs, but if I have a color surcharge it gets applied to ALL printers.
Randy

Setting charging options for 250 printers   23 March 2012, 17:39

Actually it just appears that all printers get changed when changing a single printer. IE. When I bring up the Charging Options the first thing that is shown is a page for 'All Printers' and it shows the values for the selected printer, not the values that were set for 'All Printers'. This is confusing and mis leading. A better implementation is for the Charging Options to not have the dropbox list, but to show the charging values for the selected printer and a checkbox (unchecked by default) to apply the values to 'All Printers', with the confirmation window as well.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Setting charging options for 250 printers   23 March 2012, 18:18

Agreed. It's not a bug, but rather a bad UI design. I'll post an update shortly.

UPDATE: The dialog has been updated to be more clear

SoftPerfect support forum

Updated build can be downloaded here.

Sometimes you can get the answer faster if you try the forum search and/or have a look at the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.