SoftPerfect Print Inspector

Large pages printed number

Started by Mark Harrison

Mark Harrison

Large pages printed number   07 March 2006, 01:18

I have P.I. 6.0 on our Win2000 print server, and I get an occasional large number of pages printed (1,000 to 20,000) reported, when smaller jobs were actually sent (verified on the printer's internal log file). Any thoughts?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Large pages printed number   07 March 2006, 02:03

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about that. Print Inspector functionality highly depends on the printer drivers and if these report the number of pages incorrectly, Print Inspector cannot determine the right number. Sorry for that.
Dan

Re: Quirk - Large pages printed number   20 April 2006, 23:45

Mark we have noticed this issue also.

If you do the math though you will find that a math calculation is being performed twice. So for example, today we printed a job of 15 copies of 17 pages on our new HP Color Laser Jet 5550dn. Print Inspector should be reporting 255 pages printed.. it doesn't however, instead it reports 3825 pages printed. So the value of 15 copies is being used again to multiply total printed pages.

Don't think this is a driver issue,.. it happens with every printer. We monitor this now and keep track of the problem as it happens.

We are also looking for alternative print monitoring solutions.. currently evaluating Print Tracker.. which seems to have its own quirks.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Quirk - Large pages printed number   21 April 2006, 00:03

Hi Dan,

You are right, that's our fault. As to our policy, if we cannot resolve a problem, we issue a full refund. I have just submitted a full refund for your order. Sorry for taking your time with this incident.

Sometimes you can get the answer faster if you try the forum search and/or have a look at the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.