Printinspector causes print spooler to stop

Started by Dominique

Dominique

Printinspector causes print spooler to stop   21 March 2006, 09:20

Hi,

Last week, my print spooler on WIN2003 SERVER SP1 with printinspector stopped responding. This happend almost every day.
I've installed a few printers on a test server (2003 SP1) together with printinspector and guess wath, after 3 days, the print spooler on my win2003 test server hang. I had to restart my print spooler.

Do you know about this problem? Is there a work-around?

best regards, Dominique - Belgium
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Printinspector causes print spooler to stop   22 March 2006, 03:31

Sorry, I have never seen such problem before. I guess without Print Inspector everything works correct? Is there anything in the Windows event log?
Frank

Stranger print numbers of users   21 March 2007, 22:02

Hi,

I noticed that serveral users printed 314 copies of a document according to Printinspector 6.
The users claim they didn't print that many copies (including me !), so my question is: where does Printinspector 6 come up with these numbers ? Is this a bug ??? 'Cause if it is, the program (version) is pretty much useless, because we bought it especially to monitor the numbers of copies that users print.
This way we can not rely on those numbers.....

Help us out here, please ?

We have a Win2000 SP4 Eng. server on IBM x346, 2 Gb mem, 4x146 Gb in RAID.
All clients are XP SP1 and SP2, dutch and/or eng.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Printinspector causes print spooler to stop   22 March 2007, 11:31

Hi Frank,

It's very sad that you have problems with the Print Inspector. Unfortunately it is a highly hardware dependent product. It works perfectly with some printers and does not work or works badly with other printers. Actually, it depends how accurate the printer vendor developed drivers for the printer, especially the notification mechanism. As we try to sell solutions, not a headache, we always refund the license fee if there's a problem and we cannot solve it. If you have already paid for a license and the product does not work as expected, we would refund the license fee. Simply e-mail to sales at softperfect.com and quote your order ID.
gaurav garg

Re: Printinspector causes print spooler to stop   20 April 2007, 15:38

i am using your printer inspector from a long time but from the time i nstalled your last released verision, i am also facing the same problem. my print spooler on WIN2003 SERVER SP1 with printinspector stopped responding. it gives different error every time.after that my printing stops for solving this i ahve to rester my server. plz solve this bug. or tell me from where i can download the old version.

i will be very thanks full to u for this.

gaurav garg
Mark Melanson

Printinspector causes print spooler to stop   14 October 2008, 01:30

I have the same problem but I am not running printinspector. I suspect it is the HP drivers.

Sometimes you can get the answer faster if you try the forum search and/or have a look at the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.