Column number limit and WMI queries

Started by Cebin

Cebin

Column number limit and WMI queries   29 May 2012, 18:15

Hello Team,

Sorry, I'm going to post new topic.
Today I discovered that the Network Scanner has only 15 columns, and I have put 11 WMI query. Even though I can choose more WMI items, Network Scanner will not query those over the column limit, and the saved result will not record too. Any suggestion or improvement?

Regards
Cebin
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Column number limit and WMI queries   31 May 2012, 21:16

There's a built-in limit of 10 columns of a specific type, for example at most 10 columns of WMI information.

This is because the application preallocates the columns and a bigger number would cause slower startup and more memory used.

As a temporary solution I have added the /maxcols command line parameter. If you download a fresh copy and launch it as netscan.exe /maxcols:20, it will allow you to select up to 20 columns for WMI information.
Cebin

Re: Column number limit and WMI queries   01 June 2012, 08:05

Thanks Andrew! Good for me ok, yes, thumb up
Tech

Re: Column number limit and WMI queries   31 October 2018, 14:06

Hi, what's the status of the column limit? Still the same? It is possible to include the maxcols as a Netscan option that can be saved as part of the XML config file? Maybe where the keyboard options are defined...
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Column number limit and WMI queries   31 October 2018, 15:12

There is still the default limit of 10 columns of each type. It is currently not possible to have this number stored in a config file because the columns are created before the config file is loaded.

If you need more columns of each type, simply add /maxcols:[required number] to the command line, e.g.:
netscan.exe /maxcols:20

Sometimes you can get the answer faster if you try the forum search and/or have a look at the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.