Feature request: customizing quick filters

Started by rmpf2

rmpf2

Feature request: customizing quick filters   30 January 2014, 10:09

Hi Andrew, thanks for those two new features, also for the copy and copy all (on applications) feature you told the last time before the export and import buttons, its really helpful because you can take to txt just part of the applications and not the whole package, I didn't know until you told me.

Now I would like to mention that today when I was testing the or filters and later the regex expressions I notice that netscan put on quick filters both.

Example:

For enclosure [10], [9], [8], etc...

later with regex 10, 9, 8, etc...

So I would like to know if is possible to add the opportunity to delete some of the quick filters definitions and maybe edit them to change for example the target columns, and maybe rename them to give some name or title, like for the enclosure example Portable Devices Filter. Thanks!!!!
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Feature request: Quick Filters Customized   30 January 2014, 10:20

Do you mean you'd like a complete filter management system like it's done with bookmarks?
rmpf2

Re: Feature request: Quick Filters Customized   30 January 2014, 10:22

If is possible, yes!!!

Re: Feature request: Quick Filters Customized   30 January 2014, 10:32

Yeah, will do as soon as I have time. Stay tuned wink
rmpf2

Re: Feature request: Quick Filters Customized   27 April 2014, 06:50

Hi Andrew, this morning this came to my mind and I just want to share it with you.
What if netscan has the alternative in its primary window to just pick the desired filter name (already created in its management area instead of what NS already have when the filters are enabled). Maybe with two buttons, one to create a new one in the case the filter we need does not exist and a second button to edit the selection. After pressing the buttons the editor management windows appear to edit (the admin) and save the new filter doing an overwrite or creating (the admin) a new copy with an optional new name. And of course the filters primary management window where the administrator can just look at all created filters to edit, sort, copy, export, import, and delete them.
Remember this is just an idea, you are the artist...
rmpf2

Re: Feature request: Quick Filters Customized   24 January 2015, 01:58

Hi Andrew,

Trying to select one of the previously save quick filter show me an error popup window with the following message: Argument Out Of Range

The filter contains two statements:
a) Symantec Endpoint version (12.1.1000.157)
b) Processor address (32 or 64 bits)

Note: Before using the saved quick filter I made the filter to look first for 32, then modified it for 64, but NS saved just one on the list.

I know you are pretty busy, but it would very helpful to have that filter management area mentioned earlier to expand NS functionality ...

As for example to modify old filters with old antivirus definitions name, or delete some of the list...

Re: Feature request: customizing quick filters   03 February 2015, 13:12

Let's fix the bug first, the one that causes Argument Out Of Range.

Could you please download this debug build and try to reproduce this error? It should send a bug report automatically if the error occurs.
rmpf2

Re: Feature request: customizing quick filters   04 February 2015, 02:17

Hi Andrew,

I'm trying to reproduce the error myself but, so far, for some unknown reason has been impossible. Maybe the last night snapshot build update took care of it. Thanks any way.
Hi Andrew just a follow up to this request.

Re: Feature request: customizing quick filters   09 March 2016, 14:17

Regarding the request, we had a look into it and concluded that it is most probably not going to be widely used by most users, so we haven't made any plans to implement it at this stage, sorry.
rmpf2

Re: Feature request: customizing quick filters   09 March 2016, 23:29

I'm sorry too, because filters play an essential role on networking data discovery, analyzing process and reporting daily basics. And can be very trickily to have them follow up through different config files.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.