Mac OS X version

Started by Rob

Rob

Mac OS X version   20 June 2015, 00:18

I have searched the Apple App store for any product that can do at least 80% of what the SoftPerfect Network Scanner can do. No app that I have found can pull MAC addresses from VLans that you're in. Half of them can pull host names. None of them can show OS or Shares.

If you can make a Mac version of SoftPerfect Network Scanner, I would gladly pay for it.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Mac OS X version   22 June 2015, 10:52

We've been considering making a Mac version for a while and recently there seems to be more demand for it. Perhaps the Macs are getting more popular.

Although not all functions can be ported to Mac OS (for example there's no WMI support at all), most functionality should work, including shares, host names and MAC addresses in VLANs.

Stay tuned as there will be a beta version, hopefully in 2016 smile
Rob

Re: Mac OS X version   22 June 2015, 22:10

Great, I look forward to testing it.

As for the MACs becoming more popular. I have been an IT Professional for over 20 years and if you told me 5 years ago I would be using a MAC daily to support large primarily Windows based environment I would have thought it was crazy.
Fred

Re: Mac OS X version   15 July 2015, 04:08

I have been using a MAC for over 2 years and I am also looking forward to the SoftPerfect Network Scanner Mac OS X version.
Please let me know when the product is out.
Thanks.
Krishna

Re: Mac OS X version   28 October 2015, 18:51

I am also eagerly waiting for the availability of MAC OS X Version and constantly monitoring the website.

Thanks & Regards,
Krishna.
Rob

Re: Mac OS X version   23 April 2016, 03:45

I was just wondering if you have any updates on the bata version that supports Mac OS X.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Mac OS X version   26 April 2016, 09:57

Sorry, we don't have a working prototype yet. Hopefully later this year.

Re: Mac OS X version   27 June 2016, 05:58

Yes please and while your at it, how about a Linux version? Don't Macs and Linux share a similar os?

Re: Mac OS X version   07 March 2017, 12:54

Any update on this? I would gladly pay for an OSX version of this program without thinking twice!

Thank you!
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Mac OS X version   08 March 2017, 14:43

Unfortunately a working prototype of macOS Network Scanner took longer than it was initially anticipated, so there is no definite release date yet. The good news is that macOS version is nevertheless in progress. We would like to thank everyone for their patience.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Mac OS X version   31 March 2017, 13:46

The long-awaited good news: the macOS version is ready for testing and feedback.

Re: Mac OS X version   01 April 2017, 22:34

This is amazing, thank you for the great news!

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.