Saving results to XML with filter applied loses hidden results

Started by Aaron

Hi
I've discovered a bug where if I have a list of IP addresses loaded, and have a filter applied to the results, if I save the results list as an XML, close the program, then reload the results list, the IP addresses filtered out of the results are lost (the IP addresses then need to be re-imported, and the results re-scanned). Is this able to be fixed? Thanks.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Saving results to XML with filter applied loses hidden results   05 June 2017, 12:30

This isn't a bug, rather an implementation detail.

If we change it in a way that filters are not considered when saving, it would be impossible to produce filtered XML datasets, say if someone wanted to save only database servers to one XML file.

I'll check if we can add an option to include the filtered-out items when saving to XML.

UPDATE: The latest build now offers a choice of what to save and defaults to save everything:

SoftPerfect support forum

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.