Scripting the Network Scanner for multiple subnets and locations

Started by ochimo

Scripting the Network Scanner for multiple subnets and locations   10 May 2018, 06:59

I have a need to script multiple sites.
I have quite a few subnets from different locations to scan. I could enter all the subnets and let the program run, but then I will have to clean up/separate each location manually. Or can I have a script use the EXE to scan subnets and create the results as named locations?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Scripting the Network Scanner for multiple subnets and locations   10 May 2018, 10:10

There is a couple of ways, depending on whether you want to run the network scanner interactively or not.

If you want to use the GUI, you can simply create multiple configuration files, say one file for each location. Each configuration file can define subnets specific to that location as well as any other settings, e.g. user credentials. So when you are on site A, you can load configuration A. On site B, you load configuration B and so on. This can be done in the main menu via File - Current Config - Save/Load.

If you don't want to use the GUI and want to run from a script, there is a number of supported command line switches. Specifically the ones you may want to use are /auto, /config and /range. Please see the Command Line Switches chapter in the online manual.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.