When Using the Scanner I get locked out.

Started by J³

When Using the Scanner I get locked out.   12 August 2013, 23:54

Everytime I run a scan now my account gets locked out of the domain. I don't know what is causing it, as I have Authentication of every option that I know of set to "use current account". Any thoughts as to what might cause this?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

When Using the Scanner I get locked out.   12 August 2013, 23:55

Perhaps some security measures or an intrusion detection system?

When Using the Scanner I get locked out.   13 August 2013, 14:27

Many Domain Accounts have the lock out feature enabled by default or are set by the Senior Administrator. This is normal and very common. If your Domain is using this or extra security you will need to have your Admin account excluded or have a special Admin account created for scanning the network. Or of course you could turn off the lock out feature, but I would not recommend that because your Domain is much safer with it on. -WS

When Using the Scanner I get locked out.   21 August 2013, 03:44

I am just wondering what in the program could trigger the lockout. I understand if it is done by having cached credentials that contain an old password, but I am setting everything to use current credentials. The thing is, this only happens to me, on my computer. I can run this program on a server( could be setup differently) with no problem. Also, one of my peers uses this program, and his access on the domain is the exact same as mine, and he has no lockout issues.

Is there somewhere in the config where it stores credentials? Any other ideas as to what may cause this?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

When Using the Scanner I get locked out.   21 August 2013, 08:28

No idea, but you can export your config to a plain-text XML file and search it for old credentials.

When Using the Scanner I get locked out.   21 August 2013, 23:35

Good idea. Tried that, but still no credentials. I just opened the for the first time in a week or so, to export, and I decided to try a scan. No Lockout this time. Don't know what is going on. This has happened a couple of times before too. It would work for a week or two and then start locking me out again. At least it is working now!

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.