Logged on network users not displaying

Started by LK Hutton

LK Hutton

Logged on network users not displaying   17 August 2013, 16:01

I have a small home network consisting of 1 Desktop/Windows 7 Pro, 1 Laptop/Windows 7 Pro & 1 Laptop /Windows 8. All are 64bit machines.

I would like to view/list the users that are currently logged on to the network.

I have set the option to return logged on users but,

1) When run from the Windows 7 Desktop->shows info for all machines on network except only shows logged on user for the Windows 7 Desktop.
2) When run from the Windows 8 laptop->shows info for all machines on network except only shows logged on users for the Windows 7 Desktop and Windows 8 laptop.
3) When run from the Windows 7 laptop->shows info for all machines on network except only shows logged on users for the Windows 7 Desktop and Windows 7 laptop.

My guess is that there is some privilege I need to set on one or more machines.

All other sharing seems to work correctly including sharing of folders and a printer attached to the Windows 7 Desktop. Sharing is done by "Workgroup". Homegroup and Homegroup services have been disabled.

Logged on network users not displaying   17 August 2013, 16:52

You need to have a Created Admin Account or the Built-in Administrator account (disabled by default) set with the SAME password on all machines. Then use that account to scan the network. Make sure you start NetScan with the right mouse click and Run As Administrator. -WS
LK Hutton

Logged on network users not displaying   18 August 2013, 02:48

Yes. That has been done but still no joy. :S
LK Hutton

Logged on network users not displaying   20 August 2013, 19:55

Could the problem be that I am using a WORKGROUP and not a DOMAIN? Does this software work with WORKGROUPS? :S
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Logged on network users not displaying   20 August 2013, 20:34

Yes, it does.

Another thing you may want to try is to enable NetBios on every machine as it exposes the logged-on user name, and the network scanner may be able to pick it up.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.