Dell printer goes offline

Started by kdowns

kdowns

Dell printer goes offline   18 December 2013, 07:34

When I run the Network scanner it takes my newer model Dell printers offline. Experiencing the issue with Dell 2155CN and C3765dcn multifunction printers. I'm using the default options with the scanner program. Older Dell model printers don't go offline, and none of the other brands of printers, have showed the issue.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Dell printer goes offline   18 December 2013, 10:09

You probably need to contact Dell regarding this issue as it sounds like there's a problem with the TCP/IP stack in those printers.

Re: network scanner takes, newer Dell printers offline   18 December 2013, 17:36

Wow, I am having the same issue with C3765dcn MFP's. I have flashed the firmware, swapped boards, memory and it still does the same thing. I even changed out the switch it was connected to updating it to a much newer and better Cisco layer 3 switch. I have changed the patch cables etc. Nothing seems to fix it. Dell was on site and replaced the board but it did not fix the problem. Very strange. Hope this helps incase someone figures out what is going on.

Please post here we keep having to reboot printers on segments we scan. Seems to only effect Dell Printers. -WS

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.