Cisco Detection

Started by rmpf2

rmpf2

Cisco Detection   04 March 2014, 00:10

Hi Andrew, netscan showed a list of ips where the RPC server where unavailable. I found out that there where cisco phones openning a session on internet browser. I haven't discover yet if is possible to discover them on netscan as remote snmp, what do you think? Would be great to find out what are those ips without the need of the browser.

Re: Cisco Detection   04 March 2014, 04:43

That maybe discoverable by checking the "Grab HTTP & FTP server banner" check box on the Additional Tab in Options. Try it out and let the forum know. -WS
rmpf2

Re: Cisco Detection   04 March 2014, 06:20

Hi WS using the grab http option only give the following info 80:Rapid Logic/1.1

When using the nic vendor alternative, netscan reveals that those ips belong to Cisco Systems. But I'm looking for something more specific as the cisco phone model ...

An example would be:

Cisco IP Phone CP-6941 ( SEP5475d0db2558 )

Re: Cisco Detection   04 March 2014, 07:03

How about "System Description" in "Remote SNMP". I did a scan against a bunch of our Cisco Routers and it comes back with "Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800.....)" point being you can tell that is a Cisco 2800 Router. I don't know if that is good enough or not.

Maybe the Feature Request is to capture information off an HTTP page, kind of like how the XML does, count the lines from top no matter how big or small the text and NetScan will display it?? This could be used for printers, phones, copy machines, firewalls, switches, routers, NAS and SAN systems, UPS systems, etc., etc. etc. etc. anything that has a web page in it. -WS
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Cisco Detection   04 March 2014, 14:04

I have just added a way to extract web-page data with a regex

SoftPerfect support forum

SoftPerfect support forum

The newest build can be downloaded here.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.