Active directory group membership

Started by rmpf2

rmpf2

Active directory group membership   25 June 2014, 13:17

Hi Andrew,
Is there any possibility to obtain the group membership base on the logged user from Active Directory?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Active directory group membership   25 June 2014, 13:58

I don't currently see a way for doing that.

If you use Options - Remote Groups and choose Participation in Global Groups, does it list correct AD groups for a specific user? If so, I could probably add an option to use the currently logged-on user there.
rmpf2

Re: Active directory group membership   27 June 2014, 23:51

I tried with different usernames without success.

Re: Active directory group membership   18 July 2014, 01:08

You can use an add-on VBScript to do that. This software is so flexible I have a several custom scripts to gather extra information I need.
rmpf2

Re: Active directory group membership   19 July 2014, 12:32

What do you mean with add-on VBScript ? I know we can use scripts but add-on sound like plugins ...shocked or surprised Displayed information right on netscan grid is preferred because you're on a better position to make decisions and take action... better than running something else on another window. Don't misunderstand me I really appreciated that we can use scripts, third party tools, variables, filtering, bookmarking, we are dealing with a huge app here, a lot of people (admins) ignore the existence of the scanner. Netscan already have the ability to query the active directory to import computers, if it can query those why not more info?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Active directory group membership   21 July 2014, 11:52

I couldn't find any good way to find out what groups a user is member of. There are numerous scripts that list all members of a specific group, or check whether a user is a member of a specific group, but there doesn't seem to be a way to find out what groups a user belongs to.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.