Displaying only certain columns

Started by rmpf2

rmpf2

Displaying only certain columns   04 October 2014, 02:36

Hi again!!!! Sometimes the number of visible columns are really big to manipulate. I think would be helpful to have the alternative of changing the column order on some area like for example the same one used to show the visible columns. Example: Move the hostname column from position five to one ... Thanks!!
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Columns   04 October 2014, 08:58

I am not quite sure what you mean by this, but you can drag and re-arrange the columns in any order (by dragging their caption).
rmpf2

Re: Columns   06 October 2014, 23:14

Hi Andrew, thanks for your reply, in the primary window, where netscan show the scanning process, re-arranging the columns in any order by dragging their caption works great, but if you have more than 15 columns asking for a lot of data as local users, computers installed applications, installed printers, etc... where you have to change the width of each column so you can see all the expected data, and use the scroll horizontal bar to reach for the rest of the columns, rearranging becomes tricky that's why to add some friendly behavior I asked for that kind of rearrange alternative on: Visible Columns window

Visible Columns, where you tick to show or not specific columns (From Menu Go to View then to visible columns to rearrange items as in Options, Program Options, Applications, there you can drag and drop to rearrange order of applications statements or definitions)
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Displaying only certain columns   07 October 2014, 11:46

Yes, it is clear now. We will try to implement this shortly.

Colour-coding columns   08 October 2014, 23:05

Hi Andrew. I was just going to start a thread on columns, but as there's one here, so I'll tag to this.
I have two columns that I keep colour-coded: Logged User and Caption (wmi to query PC name). Now when I add an additional column, the Caption column loses its colour-coding, and the new added column adopts it. Is there any way to link the colour to the column name rather than to its position?

Regards,
John
rmpf2

Re: Colour-coding columns   09 October 2014, 02:33

Hi, I've seen something similar, but such behavior was not limited only to coloring columns cause reg expressions definitions were affected too.

In my case, Values and RegEx placement, Andrew's said: "... the software remembers a text colour, background colour and a regex based on the column index in a set."

When setting a regex to apply to a column, the software remembers it as it was applied to column #1 in the registry set of of columns. Later on, if you add another registry column that precedes the first, so new column becomes column #1 and original becomes column #2. This results in the regex applying to the new column.

I'm pretty sure he is working to handle the situation. In the meantime, he recommended me to reorder the active scans, so regex applies to the correct column.
Remembering that... "The checked rows have to be in the same order as when the regex was first created. It may be easier to reassign the regex to a different column though."

Re: Colour-coding columns   17 October 2014, 20:26

Thanks rmpf2. For now I'll keep an eye on it. I think logical solution would be to fix the column to its colunm number, should there be a condition set, then any newly added columns populate other column numbers?

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.