Feature request: "Cancel All" button for emergency shutdown

Started by rmpf2

Yesterday, after work hours, I needed to shutdown my computer in the middle of a Netscan (NS) operation because an emergency. In the operation almost all the domain machines were (the targets) selected to remotely start a service, the problem began when the machines were offline and NS began to ask me to continue. The cancel button was pressed repeatedly for each one (offline). And its OK because it cancels just the communication to that specific machines, but if someone (like me, in this specific scenario, in a hurry rush moment) need to cancel all just to do something else (like an emergency shutdown) but you have to wait for more than 200 offline machines??? (I know I can press control alt delete to end the task but I preferred not to do it)

I'm just asking, if possible, to maybe have a third button alternative to cancel the whole process, in the case that the admin decide not to continue (this example; start a service on the machines), like a revert process, or stop all before sending the instruction to the rest of the LAN machines that were not offline. All this without waiting to finish the whole scan to find out which machine is online.

Andrew maybe I'm not expressing my self correctly, sorry for that, I rather prefer to speak in Spanish. I got the whole idea but translate what's on my mind, that's another story!!!

Bye and thanks!!!
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Feature request: "Cancel All" button for emergency shutdown   17 October 2014, 10:55

We have added the "Abort" button in the latest build.

SoftPerfect support forum

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.