Import IP-Host Name list - format changed?

Started by j13

j13

Import IP-Host Name list - format changed?   08 October 2015, 12:57

Hi there,

Great program, using it quite a bit lately, thanks.

I've just updated to the 64bit v6.0.8 application and it's giving me an error loading from 'File/Import IP/Host Name List' then using 'Load From File'.

Error message is "Some 1 lines have been discarded" for either of the 'import these lines' options shown at 'Load from file'.

It's because my old subnet lists are in 10.xxx.yyy.1/255.255.252.0 format and is fixed by using 10.xxx.yyy.1/22 format but I'm wondering if I have to update my 2221 subnet files (one for each site) or if I can change a setting to continue using the non-CIDR format subnet files as is?

I tried a search for this error, noted the addition of CIDR in the change log and tweaked a few 'Add IPv4 range' buttons but no luck.

(I'm happy to modify my subnets with a few quick seds/greps as required but I'm not the only one using the subnet files or the application).

Thanks.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Import IP-Host Name list - format changed?   08 October 2015, 13:07

This is basically because we have re-implemented parsing CIDR notations to make the same block of code parse both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. Now the acceptable formats are:

IPv4 x.x.x.x/y for example 10.0.0.1/24
IPv6 x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x/y for example 2001:db8::/120

While x.x.x.x/y.y.y.y is no longer understood as there's no equivalent in IPv6. In your case the easiest solution is to do a batch replace of /255.255.252.0 to /22 in your text files.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.