Feature request: Display related bookmark

Started by john8oy

Feature request: Display related bookmark   07 March 2016, 23:54

Hi Andrew, hope your well.

I'd love a way of Identifying the IP Address range with a Friendly Site name, similar to your friendly names for Hosts, but for IP ranges or VLANS if you like. Possibly use the Bookmark Name if one exists, and present this in one of the scan columns. I'd find this would make life much easier when using the 'import IP/Hostname list' to scan random address' as way of reverse identifying networks.
Hope that make sense! smile

Cheers and many thanks as always!
John
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Feature request: Display related bookmark   08 March 2016, 09:03

Sounds like a great idea and it's pretty easy to add too. I went ahead and added it to the latest build.

SoftPerfect support forum

Re: Feature request: Display related bookmark   09 March 2016, 00:35

Excellent, I've tested and works well. Only issue I have is where I have the subnet repeating in multiple bookmarks, the output is concatenated into quite long strings. These bookmarks tend to be grouped networks that are used seldom. What would be useful is being able to turn these entries off in Bookmark Manager with a check box much like you do with the Applications Manager? This would simplify the output returned and keep bookmarks tidy.

see screenshot attached
Attachments:
open | download – 2016-03-08 14_31_47-SoftPerfect Network Scanner [PORTABLE MODE].png (24.3 KB)

Re: Feature request: Display related bookmark   09 March 2016, 07:46

I think it's easier to just use the last part of the name, after the final "|" in this case. I have just updated the app so it uses the last part of a bookmark's name instead.

Re: Feature request: Display related bookmark   10 March 2016, 02:31

Hi Andrew,

Thats simplied the output, but it still concatenates where I have a network address in more than one bookmark. I guess I could delete the others, but it would be nice to be able to swicth them on and off when Needed. They're Bookmarks that have multiple wans grouped.
Heres my new result:
Attachments:
open | download – 2016-03-09 10_58_26-SoftPerfect Network Scanner [netscanTest.xml].png (26.5 KB)

Re: Feature request: Display related bookmark   10 March 2016, 07:38

Sorry I think that would be unnecessary complication that could leave users puzzled as to what the checkmarks are for. It looks good the way it is now, at least shorter than before.

Re: Feature request: Display related bookmark   11 March 2016, 20:15

Thats cool Andrew. Many thanks for the feature, it'll be well utilised.

John smile

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.