Feature request: Display config file name

Started by rmpf2

rmpf2

Feature request: Display config file name   09 March 2016, 01:04

Hi,
This is siggestion to display config file name on status bar, top or any other place so to find the desire instance on windows taskbar app stack. Would be more adequate in case that more than one instance of Netscan is open, at the same time(simultaneously), with different config files. Thanks.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Feature request: Display config file name   09 March 2016, 08:40

Added in latest build. Since the statusbar is already full, it's shown in the window title bar and the taskbar button.

SoftPerfect support forum
rmpf2

Re: Feature request: Display config file name   09 March 2016, 23:03

Thanks!!!
rmpf2

Re: Feature request: Display config file name   14 March 2016, 23:44

Hi Andrew. When loading a config file (Example cisco_10march2006_config.xml) the name and the path appears at the top just fine as expected but, is later, I decide to "save as" that current config file, to update the date (Example cisco_14march2016_config.xml), the name and path at the top doesn't get updated so I have to load the one saved on the last step to update the name at the top. When "saving as" the current config file NS go on the next scan with the new name or it stand with the one that appear at the top???
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Feature request: Display config file name   15 March 2016, 08:17

It's a bug, the name shown in the title bar should have been updated when saving to a new file. Please download the update.

Re: Feature request: Display config file name   16 March 2016, 02:55

I find this update very useful as I run a master version and a networked Live version, and I can work out whats what. Cheers ok, yes, thumb upok, yes, thumb up

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.