Unable to download NIC card vendor file (OUI.TXT)

Started by rcollar

rcollar

Unable to download NIC card vendor file (OUI.TXT)   10 September 2016, 05:48

I recently updated to V 6.1.9 using the installer on my Windows 10 system. Before I used the zipped version.
Since then I have been unable to scan when I check "Lookup network card vendor" as it asks me to download the MAC Address Database and then errors out 1/2 through with an error message "The download of the specified resource has failed".
I have tried copying an existing OUI.TXT file to the install directory and tried running the scanner as administrator. I have also de-installed and re-installed with no change.

What do I need to do to correct the issue?

Thanks for some great products. I have been using this for several years as well as your switch port mapper. They are both life savers.

RAC
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Unable to download NIC card vendor file (OUI.TXT)   10 September 2016, 10:02

Thanks for your feedback. There's probably an issue with the Internet connection or a proxy server.

You can download the file here and place it under %APPDATA%\SoftPerfect Network Scanner.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.