Feature suggestion: Filter buttons for quick filtering

Started by BogBeast

Feature suggestion: Filter buttons for quick filtering   14 November 2017, 10:00

Hi,

I use filters a lot, extremely useful when faced with lots of hosts.

I tend to have some favourite filters that I use regularly (filters on hostnames for instance). Rather than redefine them each time, would be possible to have some 'quick access' buttons on the toolbar that can have filter assigned to them? That way it would be possible, for instance, to swap views from 'All hosts' to others predefined under buttons.

Many thanks
Paul
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Feature suggestion: Filter buttons for quick filtering   14 November 2017, 12:49

Perhaps the most recently used filters in the View - Quick Host Filter menu would help? It remembers the filters used recently and allows you to quickly reapply any of them.

SoftPerfect support forum

Re: Feature suggestion: Filter buttons for quick filtering   15 November 2017, 08:33

Thanks for the suggestion Andrew. It does help.... trouble is 2/3rds of the filter I use are one time only, 1/3rd I use all the time

If I goto the list I have to sort through those that are there to pick the one I want and inevitably the one I want seems to have fallen off the bottom of the list sad

Re: Feature suggestion: Filter buttons for quick filtering   15 November 2017, 12:40

Hmm, looks like it makes sense to allow users to manage their favourite filters - I will check what we can do and post an update here.

Re: Feature suggestion: Filter buttons for quick filtering   16 November 2017, 00:25

Thanks Andrew...

Feature added: favourite filters management   17 November 2017, 12:32

We have added a way to manage filters and add some to favourites, which will display them first and also prevent them from being pushed out and deleted over time. The latest build that includes this feature can be downloaded here.

Open menu View - Quick Host Filter - Settings, and simply click the star to add or remove a filter from favourites:

Re: Feature added: favourite filters management   20 November 2017, 04:44

Many thanks, Andrew.

Downloading and trying now. Will let you know if I find any issues.

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.