SoftPerfect Network Scanner

Authenticate with remote PC's local account

Started by MurMan

Authenticate with remote PC's local account   24 May 2018, 10:05

Is there any way to enter credentials which will be used to authenticate as a local account against a remote PC?

I am scanning from PC1, which is an AD domain connected PC, and I am signed in using my AD account. Sometimes I need to scan a PC which has become disconnected from AD, or is a stand-alone PC. In these cases, I need to use credentials for an account which is local to the remote PC.

Can I enter local account credentials which are specific to a remote PC like "PC2\ITAdmin" with its password? This account would be valid only on PC2. Perhaps tie it to the Hostname or MAC Address to prevent it being blasted out to all the other PCs?

Or even better, enter local credentials using a column name like [Host Name]\ITAdmin. That way the authenticating source would change for each PC.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Authenticate with remote PC's local account   24 May 2018, 17:19

It really depends on the type of the scan. Some, such as WMI, should directly accept credentials like UserName or ComputerName\UserName with a password. Some don't allow authentication at all, and always assume the current user that is running the application.

Is there a specific scan where you want to use local authentication?

Re: Authenticate with remote PC's local account   12 June 2018, 06:05

Mostly WMI and the Remote Scripting.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Authenticate with remote PC's local account   12 June 2018, 18:37

Well I am not really familiar with this area, but googling suggests that computername\accountname should work, but there may be a couple of settings that need to be changed.

Please take a look at these discussions: one, two for directions.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.