Syncing friendly names between two computers

Started by Philip

Philip

Syncing friendly names between two computers   04 May 2019, 15:10

Hi Support
I have noticed recently that when I am on a job site with my laptop and I scan a network and take the time to populate all the friendly names, if I then save the project as XML and then open it on my office PC, all the friendly names are gone. Is there a separate file that stores all the MAC to friendly name data? Is there any way to integrate this so a single file will have all the relevant data?

Thanks
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Syncing friendly names between two computers   04 May 2019, 15:16

The mappings between IP/MAC addresses and friendly names are stored in the config file. You can:
  • either backup the config file from your laptop (File - Current Config - Save to File) and then load the file onto your office PC (File - Current Config - Load from File);
  • or backup the friendly names alone (Options - Friendly Names - Export) and then import them to your office PC (Options - Friendly Names - Import).

If you want to have everything in one place, it's probably best to use the portable edition of our NetScanner, which keeps its configuration in the same folder with the EXE file. Then you could carry it around on a USB drive or place in a cloud storage, and the same settings will be used everywhere.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.