Large number of stopping threads

Started by rmpf2

rmpf2

Large number of stopping threads   09 May 2019, 05:10

I am making several modifications in application definitions with live display enabled, and after saving the configuration occasionally to keep changes, the following error message appeared (Win 10, 64 bit): "Out of resources ...". After pressing Ok button in the error window a strange behavior occurs with the scanner. For me the only possible way out is to close the program and start scanning again, losing already scanned data.

Something I did realize different from other occasions with the same error message was the enormous stopping threads number not equivalent to existing connections: 7209033 threads left
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Large number of stopping threads   09 May 2019, 07:50

Sorry I am not sure what went wrong there, but it's best not to change any settings with Live Display on. The reason for that is many settings may unexpectedly affect its operation when an old parameter suddenly receives a new value.

As a precaution, we will probably disable settings access while Live Display is active (in the same way it is disabled during scanning).

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.