Feature request: Dark Mode

Started by Mick H

Mick H

Feature request: Dark Mode   08 April 2021, 18:04

Hi Team,

Long time user of the last free version of NetScan. Recently convinced our business to purchase licences. Love it! Keep up the good work smile

NetScan is one of the last programs I use that doesn't have a DarkMode option. Any chance of adding one please?

I know I can change the colours of the scan results and can achieve a faux dark mode that way, but that is sub-par, as:
a) the GUI elements are still bright white - a garish reminder of the lack of a true DarkMode.
b) the column headers disappear (white on white) if I set my scan results text to White.
... Next best compromise is Silver, but that still leaves results (and column headers) hard-ish to read.

Cheers,
Mick
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Feature request: Dark Mode   08 April 2021, 18:09

The application does not support its own theming. It uses whatever theme the OS is configured to use.

I am not sure if there are any good dark themes for Windows, but choosing a High Contrast theme will give you something like this:

SoftPerfect support forum
Mick H

Re: Feature request: Dark Mode   08 April 2021, 19:14

Yes, I've noticed the application does not support its own theming, hence the feature request wink

Actually not even its own theming... I'm suggesting NetScan should simply honour the Windows 10 system setting of Light or Dark
[ Settings > Personalisation > Colours > Choose your Colour: Light / Dark ]

Many apps do, and I think it would be excellent if NetScan did too.
ioz

Re: Feature request: Dark Mode   29 May 2021, 23:03

I think "row color" from view menu is enough. Theming not important or useful.
Mick H

Re: Feature request: Dark Mode   10 August 2021, 19:35

Well for just a couple of the reasons I listed above, I believe it is important or useful wink

If the idea of this app ever supporting Windows' dark mode is too fanciful...
Can we please at the very least make the Column Headers just use the same font colour as the rest of the program menus, toolbars, etc. ie Black.
I can't think of any reason why they need to change with the scan results font colour (under Options, View, Font Colour).

But as mentioned in my original post, given they do change with the above setting, I'm forced to use Silver for font colour, as setting it to White makes the column header text disappear.
Silver makes everything less readable, eg:
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Feature request: Dark Mode   12 August 2021, 21:19

That we can do. Simply download the latest build and you should be able to set different fonts to the column headers and data rows.

Mick H

Re: Feature request: Dark Mode   16 August 2021, 14:55

Thanks, that's a lot more readable now smile

Mick H

Re: Feature request: Dark Mode   22 February 2022, 16:14

Hi Team,

I just updated to the version 8.1.3 and was immediately blissed out by the new Dark Theme! laugh

Thanks you muchly for this addition, it's so much nicer on the eyes ok, yes, thumb uptick

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.