Launching of applications from SoftPerfect RAM Disk

Started by Gerard

Gerard

Launching of applications from SoftPerfect RAM Disk   13 November 2010, 23:07

Hi,

In the settings of SoftPerfect RAM Disk, there is an option to automatically start applications.
Please, consider to add support for command-line switches and environment variables.
Example :
"%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore" -private

Another improvement would be to add support for setup a delay (in seconds) beetween applications launching.
Example : with a delay of 10 seconds, an application will be launched every 10 seconds (one after another one).
If I have many applications launched at the same time, the PC "freeze". With one apllication launched after another the PC is more responsive.

A more advanced feature would be to setup a different delay beetween apllications.
Example :
5 seconds beetween the first two applications, 12 seconds beetween the third and the fourth application... wink

Best regards,
Gerard
Gerard

Launching of applications from SoftPerfect RAM Disk   13 November 2010, 23:20

Hi,

Another good idea would be in the settings of the software to add the option to create automatically with a RAM disk an environment variable that point to the RAM disk !

Best regards,
Gerard

P.S. : Sorry for my english, I'am french.
Gerard

Launching of applications from SoftPerfect RAM Disk   13 November 2010, 23:30

About my previous message :

An example :

If I have a RAM disk with image file name "Titi", an environment variable named "Titi" that point to the RAM disk is create and updated (at every start) automatically by SoftPerfect RAM Disk.
So, even If I change the drive letter of a RAM disk, I can use the environment variable to always point to that RAM disk. wink

Best regards,
Gerard
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Launching of applications from SoftPerfect RAM Disk   14 November 2010, 22:22

Hi Gerard,

Thank you for your comments. This is indeed a good idea! You can download a fresh build with command-line switches and environment variables support.

Now you can for example add the Internet Explorer executable and then alter the file name to "%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -private.

With regards to creating system-wide environment variables pointing to RAM disk(s), we'll try to implement this at a later stage.

Andrew.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can get the answer faster if you try the forum search and/or have a look at the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.