System Volume Information on RAMDisk. Retained log-in credentials

Started by hjlbx

Hello Andrew,

I have configured volatile RAM Disk. It is mounted as a removable disk. System Volume Information keeps getting added to the RAM Disk drive.

Also, in all browsers, when I log-in to websites and select "Stay logged-in", followed by a reboot, when I return to the website I am automatically logged-in. This is unexpected behavior... as I would expect that all log-in credentials are lost upon system reboot. Are the log-in credentials installed in a location other than the browser cache?

Best Regards,
HJLBX
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: System Volume Information on RAMDisk. Retained log-in credentials   23 August 2015, 18:54

System Volume Information is usually created by the Windows Search service. You may want to turn it off if you are not using it.

As to browser log-on credentials, cookies and history are all normally stored in a different location, usually somewhere in c:\Users\<username>\
hjlbx

Re: System Volume Information added to RAMDisk   24 August 2015, 05:03

From reading the User Manual, I understand that classifying a RAM Disk as removable should prevent System Volume Information from being loaded into it. Is this not correct ?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: System Volume Information added to RAMDisk   24 August 2015, 18:32

It's generally correct, however Windows Search can do that as well, even for removable drivers. Here is an article on how to turn this off.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.