PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA spvve.sys only with RAID enabled

Started by klepper

So, this is a weird one.

I've done this three times with identical results. I install Windows 10 Pro onto my Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD in the M.2 slot. Once it's installed and activated, I first install the Ramdrive and set it up proper. I can reboot and install stuff and everything works perfectly as expected. I then power up my 3 HDD that are in a RAID 5. As soon as I power my SATA HDD's and burner, I get a BSOD right after a second or two of the login screen for windows 10. It says "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA spvve.sys" As soon as I unplug the HDD's, the problem goes away. As soon as I uninstall the Ramdrive software, my RAID comes into windows 10 as expected and all is well. I first thought it was the new motherboard but when I googled "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA spvve.sys" SoftPefect's RamDrive software was the first hit so I figured I'd uninstall it to see. Sure enough.

I'm just going to move forward and install a different RamDrive software as much as I love this one. Just posting this in case anyone has the same problem.

Here are my specs:

Asrock Z170 Pro4S w/ 2.2 bios
i7-6700K
2 X F4-2133C15D-16GRR
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 04G-P4-3969-KR 4GB FTW GAMIN
Samsung 950 Pro 256Gb M.2, PH3500U-1I72 X 3 (in raid 5)
WH12LS30
SeaSonic X-1250 ( SS-1250XM2 ) 1250W
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA spvve.sys only with RAID enabled   26 November 2015, 09:32

Thank you for the bug report, but unfortunately we don't have a similar setup to reproduce the issue. I guess we'll just wait to see if anyone else has the same problem.
Jackie Deaton

Re: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA spvve.sys only with RAID enabled   29 February 2016, 01:38

I had the same problem add new hard drive to mine system. The problem i think was the system gave the same drive letter ( drive E: ) to the new hard as the one setup for ramdisk to make. To fix on my system i disconnect the new hard drive. boot. change the drive letter for the ram drive to a upper end ( like V: ). shut down. add hard back. i had no problem after that.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.