One or more volumes could not be mounted. Link creation failed. 5 Access refused

Started by Buzz

At my pc startup, I see the following message :
One or more volume could not be mounted. Link creation failed. 5 Access refused.

I've tried many times to reboot my pc, but I always see the same message.

If I shutdown and re-open SoftPerfect RAM Disk software, I see my only one volatile disk but cannot unmount it or delete it, if I try to unmount it or delete it, I always have the following message :
You cannot perform this operation on a disk currently mounted by another user.

I've tried to uninstall the SoftPerfect RAM Disk software through your unins000 file, but this is simply not possible, I have the following message when doing that :
Unable to install/uninstall disk driver : 5 Access refused.

Ram Disk software have worked nicely since 2015 till today on my Win 10 pro pc with 32G DDR4 ...

Need your help to remove your software for a proper re-install.

In advance, thx for your help.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: One or more volumes could not be mounted. Link creation failed. 5 Access refused   19 April 2017, 00:24

Looks like you're using a pretty old version (3.4.7 ?) - it did have an issue with removing drivers on Windows 10.

Here's a guide on how to remove the drivers manually. It's likely that you will need to reboot after deleting the registry keys to be able to delete SYS files.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.