"Another process has locked a portion of the file" when "Save each x minutes" is activated

Started by mads

I have encountered a problem with the "Save each x minutes" feature.

Whenever I have an image and create a disc and activate the save feature, I am unable to copy files to the disk and receive "The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file." Some files are able to copy but most fail, and sometimes I can't even access the disk, receiving the same error but with the entire disc.

I then removed the save feature from the disc I had already made, and tried to copy the same files, and this time I received no errors and it transferred nearly instantaneous.

Regards
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

"Portion of file locked" when "Save each x minutes" is activated   06 September 2013, 08:55

How much is X minutes in your case? If it's 1 minute, it's very likely the disk may be locked most of the time (for saving its contents in a consistent way).
I used 5 minutes, but the error happens as soons as the disk is mounted, and keeps happening even though there is no changes (as I am not allowed to do any change). For how long does it lock the disc per save?

"Portion of file locked" when "Save each x minutes" is activated   10 September 2013, 12:02

It depends. If there aren't much changes it's very quick.

Are you using FAT32 or NTFS?

If it's NTFS, I'd recommend to try FAT32 as it generally may work better with automatically saved volumes.

"Portion of file locked" when "Save each x minutes" is activated   26 September 2013, 20:44

We seem to have fixed the locking issue.

Please try the latets build and let me know if it works okay.

You will need to uninstall your existing installation first and reboot.

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.