Win7 64bit on AMD tablet: Unable to create ramdisk bigger than 2GB

Started by Fernando Cassia

Fernando Cassia

Win7 64bit on AMD tablet: Unable to create ramdisk bigger than 2GB   08 September 2013, 18:38

Hi there.

Win7 Home 64 bit SP1 with latest hotfixes here.
Computer is MSI Windpad 110W tablet with AMD Fusion APU (z01) @ 1Ghz updated to 8GB RAM.
screenshot: image

Problem: I'm unable to create a RAMdisk bigger than 2.0GB on this 8GB system which currently shows 5.6GB free.

The error I get is: "Operation failed with status code = C0000009A and status code = 00009"
yet below it says "0 the operation completed succesfully" But the drive is obviously NOT mounted.

If I set the drive size to 2.1GB it fails. If I set it to 2.0GB, it works. Removable or not removable, raw or not raw doesn't make a difference.

Screenshot: image

What to do?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

win7 64bit on AMD tablet: Unable to create ramdisk bigger than 2.0GB on 8GB system w 5.6GB free   10 September 2013, 23:02

It looks like all the kernel memory is fragmented or something like that.

Could you please download the Process Explorer, in its menu choose View - System Information and switch to the Memory tab?

Post a screen shot from your system (similar to one below) here.

SoftPerfect support forum
I have similar problem. I have Win7 Ult 64bit on i7 with 32GB of ram and last year I was able to create 8GB ramdisk without a problem until at some point it started to fail and atm can't create a disk bigger than 2.4-2.8GB. If I create such a big disk to the edge, then very soon video or sound or some other driver crashes, since it can't allocate any more of some specific ram and fails with Insufficient Resources. I guess some pool is full, but how do I find which one or what causes fragmentation?
I have this exact error and issue. How does one defragment that memory?
Screenshot: http://postimg.org/image/g01xc19o5/

Re: Win7 64bit on AMD tablet: Unable to create ramdisk bigger than 2GB   03 March 2015, 15:11

Normally a reboot defragments memory. Does a restart help?
No, I have been restarting, shutting down and etc. All day trying to get it working again. I am going to try and reinstall windows and see if that helps. I was getting some system crashes and fail to start before so it might be something wrong with my windows and how it's allocating...

Re: Win7 64bit on AMD tablet: Unable to create ramdisk bigger than 2GB   05 March 2015, 15:18

Maybe that's related. Hope a re-install helps.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.