Ram Disk BSOD caused by spvve.sys

Started by kRel

kRel

Ram Disk BSOD caused by spvve.sys   25 March 2015, 08:43

Hi

I reply here the same message I send today to SoftPerfect staff:

I am a home user and am using RAM Disk 3.4.6 from 03/19/2015 for study, test and utility.

Following the installation and use of RAM Disk on my Windows 7 SP1 64-bit clean and perfectly functioning, leaving the O.S. with power-off, every time I get a BSOD with the notice of an error on files spvve.sys

A Ram Disk I entrusted the Windows virtual memory destination and Google Chrome cache files .

There is a solution or do I uninstall your software?

Waiting for a response from the staff, I hope someone here knows how to fix this
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Ram Disk BSOD caused by spvve.sys   25 March 2015, 16:27

First, I would discourage the idea to put the Windows page file to a RAM Drive. It's a bad practice and there is no benefit.

Second, unfortunately there isn't much we can do without a memory dump. If possible, could you please do the following:
  1. Enable the kernel memory dump (a minidump is not sufficient):
  2. Restart the system. Then once a crash occurs, please send me the MEMORY.DMP file (compress it and upload to a file sharing service or attach to an email).
kRel

Re: Ram Disk BSOD caused by spvve.sys   26 March 2015, 01:43

Hi...

Only now I remember reading in the past a very exhaustive article on negativity to put the swapfile in the ramdisk. I don't remember the reasons, but you are confirming, however, after removing the swapfile destination on SP ramdisk, and having restore the original pat, I have no more errors, and that's what really matters ...

Maybe you wonder what other use I can make of SP Ramdisk in addition to the currently used?

Thank You.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Ram Disk BSOD caused by spvve.sys   26 March 2015, 13:34

It really depends on what you do. Generally you could store web browser cache, Windows temporary files. If you are a developer/designer then Photoshop/Visual Studio temporary files can also be moved to a RAM disk.

Here is an article Boost performance with a RAM drive to help you get started.
kRel

Re: Ram Disk BSOD caused by spvve.sys   28 March 2015, 01:42

Thanks.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.