Version 3.4.6 keeps resetting Disk Preferences in Windows 10

Started by janxb

I am using Windows 10 since the first preview build was published, and the whole time i have been using SoftPerfect RAMDisk, too.
The program itself is working fine, but it has a little bug which is very annoying.

If you start (or restart) the pc, one setting is always reverted. All RAMDisks (currently I am using two) have the setting "Allocate with the specified NUMA node only" activated. This setting is set at every fresh boot and prevents Windows from accessing the drive. So after every restart I have to open the program and change the setting. After the change, everything is working fine. But after a restart, the setting gets reverted.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Version 3.4.6 keeps resetting Disk Preferences in Windows 10   13 July 2015, 13:03

Thank you, I can confirm this bug. In the meantime you can fix it by using the registry editor (regedit.exe)

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SPVVEngine\Options\Auto\R: where R: is the drive letter, locate MountFlags. The value will be XXXX X1XX, just replace 1 with 0, for example 10C should be replaced with 00C, then reboot and the issue should be gone.

Hope this helps.
Okay, I got the same error after a restart for installing a new Windows Build, but after a second restart everything is working fine now. Thanks for the quick reply!
there is no "auto" reg key. this option is not available:
"Auto\R: where R: is the drive letter, locate MountFlags. The value will be XXXX X1XX, just replace 1 with 0, for example 10C should be replaced with 00C, then reboot and the issue should be gone."
The value will be XXXX X1XX, just replace 1 with 0, for example 10C should be replaced with 00C, then reboot and the issue should be gone.
Mount Flags reg_dword 0x0000010c
when clicking to modify it shows value data 10c, changing it to 00c will show as c only. tried both in windows 8.1 and win10. Am I doing anything wrong. Any ideas??
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Version 3.4.6 keeps resetting Disk Preferences in Windows 10   27 July 2015, 15:40

"00c" and "c" is the same thing. You are doing it correctly.
ok, i''ll post a pic of the reg key and try it again... sad

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.