Mounting RAMDisk to a folder

Started by gfxrelay

gfxrelay

Mounting RAMDisk to a folder   18 February 2016, 20:14

Hi

I have found Softperfect to be an awesome solution to my problem, but I am still stuck at one point. Is it possible to mount the RAM Disk to a folder instead of a Drive? Since it does not show in Disk Management, I can not create a mount point folder for it. Anyone have any ideas?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Mounting RAMDisk to a folder   18 February 2016, 20:24

Unfortunately mounting to a folder is not possible. It has to be a drive letter due to how the software is designed.
konstantin

Re: Mounting RAMDisk to a folder   12 March 2016, 00:49

gfxrelay

I have found Softperfect to be an awesome solution to my problem, but I am still stuck at one point. Is it possible to mount the RAM Disk to a folder instead of a Drive? Since it does not show in Disk Management, I can not create a mount point folder for it. Anyone have any ideas?

If you check "hard disk emulation" checkbox in add/edit disk, then disk appears in disk management and can be mounted to a folder. Unfortunately, disk letter reappears after reboot, so this probably is not a solution for you, right? I suppose you want to move swap file / temp files to ramdisk and get rid of unneeded (and annoying) disk letter just as I do (=
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Mounting RAMDisk to a folder   12 March 2016, 09:08

An alternative would be to create a regular RAM Disk assigned to a drive letter. Then create a symbolic link from your folder to the RAM Disk.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.